Jude woke up at 4 a.m. this morning. Matt brought him to bed, as is the usual fare.
After I fed him, he was restless. He kept rolling over and crawling all over us. He would not sleep.
I had to sleep, so I took him upstairs and put him in his crib, and turned his music on. He fussed a little, but then went right to sleep! The little bugger slept until 6:45!
I think this is a turning point. He will no longer nap or sleep peacefully in our bed, so maybe he isn't going to be a toddler co-sleeper like I thought.
Matt & I decided to stop bringing him to bed in the middle of the night, should he wake up. We're going to try to give him water, then formula, then put him back in bed. Maybe I'll have to nurse him in his room. Maybe he wants Mommy. Hard to tell.
Either way, we're going to try and keep him in his room. He needs to learn to entertain himself and to soothe himself back to sleep. If he does take formula instead of breast milk, this will be a good step towards weaning from the breast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment