The Chronicles of Jude.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sleeping Like a Baby

For the 2nd night in a row, Jude truly slept like a baby. He went to bed at 7:45 pm, and didn't wake up again until 6:15 am. He slept well Saturday night, too, so really it was only Sunday night that he was having trouble.

I hope the good nights continue. I think he really likes his routine, and doesn't want it to deviate much. Plus, I've been giving him Tylenol b4 he goes to bed for his teething.

I've also been giving him more table food, and I wonder if that helps - more complex things to digest. Yesterday for dinner, I fed him:

a biter biscuit
a few spoonfuls of turkey/wild rice baby food, which he did not care for
1/3 jar of 3rd foods squash
1/2 rice cake
chopped up cooked pasta
Wagon wheel gerber treat thing
2 oz formula


That was at 5, and then I nursed him at 7:30. Oh, and he also wanted me to nurse him at about 6:30 - that's sorta unusual.

He did really well, and loves feeding himself the pasta and biscuits. I told daycare they could go ahead and start giving him little bits of what they give the big kids, and it sounds like he did great.

Another change is that I started putting him in "overnight" diapers. I don't know if it makes a difference as far as him sleeping, but I can tell that they hold a heck of a lot more and seem less heavy in the morning.

I also need to start thinking about weaning him from nursing in the next few months. By 1 year old (August 12), I'd like him to be completely breast and bottle free. I'm not sure if the breast-free thing will be harder for him or for me!

No comments: