The Chronicles of Jude.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

DAAAANG....Mama!!!


It's been way too long since my mama posted. She thinks she's all busy and stuff. So I will give an update all by myself.

1. I am the cutest little baby, a-hem, I mean TODDLER, in the world. Growing too fast, so everyone tells me.

2. I say lots and lots of words now, NO being the word I prefer to use the most. I also like saying GO while leading my mama and daddy by the hand, to get more food usually. Luckily, I also say "YEAH!", and I can even shake my head in the "yes" motion....but it normally turns out to be a whole body nod yes.

3. I have become a picky eater. I don't like hardly anything my mama puts down in front of me, and I say no and shove it away, or throw it if she doesn't catch it in time. Cereal, yogurt, and any kind of fruit are all I will eat consistently. I've decided vegetables are for rabbits.

4. I have almost all my teeth except for four. The "eye teeth" or whatever. I think those are coming in though b/c I've had some minor teething issues.

5. I am not potty trained. I am nowhere close to being ready, so don't even think about it. On that topic, mama thought I would have semi-solid poopys by now, but I seem to have an awful lot of runny ones and some are all out diarrhea when I don't appear to be sick in any other way. What's up with that?

6. I am still in my crib. No real hurry to get out of that either, as I have not figured out how to climb out yet. I do sleep all night though 95% of the time. The few nights I don't, it's usually early morning, like 5 a.m., and I just had a bad dream or last my pacifier, and want to come to bed with Mama and Dada. They always let me, and I go right back to sleep. Also, I go right to sleep when Mama puts me down at night. No crying or fussing about it. I may change my mind about that in a few months. I do have a few stipulations though for being put to bed: It must be Mama if she's there, she must read 2-3 books that I pick out, we have to turn on my starry turtle night light, and then we have to turn on my aquarium music box thingy. Then I'm good to go.

7. I call my pacifier "mama", much to Mama's dismay. Must be some sort of nipple confusion. Mama isn't really pushing me to stop using the "mama" yet. I think Daddy's in a bigger hurry, as he keeps taking it away from me.

8. I can almost count to three, and I know the colors red and green. I can put simple puzzles together and I can color. I can also break crayons in half. Oh, and I can show you how old I am (and never mind that if someone asks me "how many..." of anything, I always put up one finger).

9. I am a great climber.

10. Dora is my girlfriend. Diego is my buddy.

11. My relationship with the Backyardigans is on again off again.

12. I probably watch too much TV. That stuff is addicting!

13. I LOVE to go outside.

14. My favorite songs of this moment are "There was an Old Lady..." and "There's a Hole in the bottom of the sea.." and believe it or not "Hey Jude". :) I'm not digging Old McDonald at the moment and I yell "NO!" when Mommy tries to sing it. I know how to play "ring around the rosie", which when you think about it, it's a creepy song.

15. I no longer like to sit in my high chair really, so Mama and Dada took the tray off, lowered the high chair, and simply push me up to the big table. I's gots to be part of the family.

16. I can use a straw, and I can use a spoon all by myself. I also toast with my sippy cup and say "cheers!".

17. I also brush my teeth (with just a little help).

18. I'm a little shy around new people and situations, but you'd be amazed how quickly I learn names (though I typically just point at the right people when asked as opposed to actually saying the new names).

19. I'd rather go to Nana's than to daycare, although daycare is okay.

20. I HATE getting my nails clipped, and I run as soon as I see the clippers. But once Mama catches me, I sit still as Mama (always Mama, too) clips them. I just cry and cry...

21. I love being naked. It's funny! And I like to act like a wild man!

22. I take one 2-4 hour nap every day.

23. I have never had an ear infection, and I haven't been really sick in over a year. A couple of very mild colds, and that's it.

24. I do get eczema pretty bad in the winter though...on my scalp, my elbows and knees. That itches, and if left to my own devices, I'll scratch the itchy parts until they bleed (which is probably why Mama clips my nails all the time).

25. I am generally a good-natured kid and easy to take care of. My parents can take me anywhere. They've never had it so good, with a kid like me. ;-)